Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lost a good friend last weekend....


I am still quite shocked by the loss of one of the nicest men I have ever met, Timo Taskinen. Timo passed away on Saturday due to a sudden heart attack and I'm not sure It's totally sunk in with me yet. I first met Timo and his lovely wife Verna at my Brother Jims wedding to his wife Tanja. Timo was part of Tanja's Finnish 'family' having moved to Canada in 1970 with Tanja's parents. Even in that brief meeting, you knew Timo was a really good guy. I got to know Timo even better when he helped my girlfriend at the time find an apartment to buy. I had always thought realtors were fast talking guys trying to sell you something no matter what. That opinion changed with Timo as he was so cool and nice while we looked at different places. There was no pressure and he gave honest opinions on the places we saw. If anyone I knew was in need of buying a house I would tell them "TEAM UP WITH TIMO"! You couldn't go wrong...

I have never been good with what to do when someone you care for passes away and I never know how to approach the immediate family. I just want everyone to know that Timo was a great man and was taken far, far, too soon from us. And I know that Timo's wife Verna, like Timo, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, I only wish there was something I could do for her. It was only a few short weeks ago I spent the night at the Taskinen's beautiful White Rock home and have never felt more welcome in someone else's place. Timo will be missed so very much...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, Gregg. God bless you and your family in this time.